Fish for frag tank?

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of pseudochromis (such as royal gramma) and Lamot's Damsel being good for critter control in reef tanks? Might be good for frag tank?

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of pseudochromis (such as royal gramma) and Lamot's Damsel being good for critter control in reef tanks? Might be good for frag tank?

Not sure how great those are for critter control.. but I have always had a 6 line wrasses and Springer damsels for pest control. I know some ppl have said 6lines wrasse can be mean... But I've never had an issue with them.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a melanarus and a diamond goby in mine (but I have sand and rubble on the bottom) and a bunch of peppermint shrimp, snails and hermits.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Royal gramma aren't Psuedochromis. They also aren't pest eaters. The dottybacks (Psuedochromis) I've been around just feed from the water column.

I haven't heard of Lamot's damsels, and Google isn't helping me there.

I'm not trying to sound gruff here. Just trying to help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I attend a lot of frag shows and it seems i always see 6 line wrasse, clownfish and sm yellow tangs

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back