Fish.freak's 1,300L Rebuild

fish.freak

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Borneo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys in need of a fresh look here:
I have four of these tanks and I am not seeing the results I would like. Im using natural sea water with an intake near a reef so should be ok but not the best. I will test the in coming water to see whats the start point.
My Nitrates run 25-50, and it was even worse when i had a dsb, now bb.
I have been restricted to a small return due to the small 40mm stand pipes.
My skimmer is also way under sized and the sump is filled with lr rubble and im sure is becoming a nitrate trap.
A aquarium contractor built them for me and they have been a headache ever since. My plan is to gut them on at a time and start fresh.
Have a look at the pics below where I outline the specs.
 

Attachments

  • Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 153
Here are some of my current ideas to upgrade

Please let me know what you think
 

Attachments

  • Slide3.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Slide4.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 161

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new