Fish heavy breathing

Given what transpired, I suspect that a massive algae die-off or something toxic from the sand bed that sucked out the oxygen in the water; therefore, fish couldn’t breathe and died? Again, I’m not a fish medic - just sharing possible causes if that’s all you did.

I would clean up the tank and if you suspect any parasites (doesn’t seem to be) go fallow and slowly put fish back in later?

Good luck with your recovery.
 
Given what transpired, I suspect that a massive algae die-off or something toxic from the sand bed that sucked out the oxygen in the water; therefore, fish couldn’t breathe and died? Again, I’m not a fish medic - just sharing possible causes if that’s all you did.

I would clean up the tank and if you suspect any parasites (doesn’t seem to be) go fallow and slowly put fish back in later?

Good luck with your recovery.
Just gonna try to keep the tank clean and focus on corals for now. Maybe later down the road add a few fish but I wanna take it slow. Thank you for the help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new