Fish need a new home.

Brijaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is my first post so hopefully, I'm in the right spot. I am looking to engage a conversation with an experienced marine aquarist who would be interested in "removing" these fish from my aquarium and relocating them to a large tank of their own. I am open to all offers and ideas. These Fish are located in Fairfield County CT. Please send me a PM if interested.

I have a fairly short history with Marine Aquariums (about 4-5 years). I started off small with a 30g Marine tank but quickly got the bug. At one point I had 5 tanks in 3 locations. I spent thousands over the years on fish, corals, and hardware. But like many other things, I started to lose interest in how much upkeep these tanks really need. As of now, I have 3 tanks in two location. I have a little 8g Nano in my Family Rm w/ 2 Clowns and a Carpet Anemone that has been running for about 2 years now without any real issues. I have a 200g running for about 3+ years at my office which had some issues but has been doing well for the past 6 months - currently, it only has 3 Clowns and a Goby (no coral). However, the thorn in my side is the 800g tank I built in my basement playroom. It's about 4 years old. I built a 3 sided box out of Plywood, coated it with Bluemax. On the Display Side, I installed a 7' Wide x 3' tall - 1" thick piece of Starphire Glass. Over the years I've had a couple small leaks here and there but for the most part, they always resolved themselves. Besides a few overfills and just messy saltwater stuff - I'm ready to break it down. However, I have some pretty big fish that have been living in there for a while now (which I am surprised they have lasted as long as they have). Below is a list:
  • 1 x 4"+ Coal Beauty Angle
  • 1 x 10"+ Annularis Angelfish
  • 1 x 6"+ Huma Trigger
  • 1 x 7"+ Pink Tail Trigger
  • 1 x 8"+ Bird Noise Wrasse
  • 1 x 5" Lyretail Hogfish (however I have not seen it in a week so he might be off the list)
  • 1 x 5"+ One Spot Foxface
  • 1 x 8"+ Big Eye Black Bar Soldierfish
  • 2 x 4.5"+ Striped Squirrelfish
In addition to the list above, there is a handful of Chromis and at least 2 (pretty big) Green Serpent Sea Stars. Assuming you are familiar with what Marine Fish Cost, you might have an idea what I might have spent over the years or what the above list might be worth. So I am looking to engage a conversation with an experienced marine aquarist who would be interested in "removing" these fish from my aquarium and relocating them to a large tank of their own. I am open to all offers and ideas. These Fish are located in Fairfield County CT. Please send me a PM if interested.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back