Fish not eating

allof fish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
713
Reaction score
336
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all so currently in my tank I have a very light bio load with only 3 fish, 2 tangs and a cleaner wrasse as I had trouble with fish to start my tank. The problem is that I’m about to head back to college so I won’t be here with the tank 24/7. It’s to the point where it’s almost on auto pilot I’m going to get an apex system and doser soon and all the corals are good with the exception of a decent amount of algae. To get to the point the purple tang I have only eats the algae which is good and bad. He doesn’t eat frozen/pellets/flakes nothing not even interested. I’ve had him for about a month and half and never has eating anything. Meanwhile my chocolate tang goes nuts for food. Should I be a little concerned still about him eating, I know it’s concerning but idk what to do at this point maybe he’ll learn one day. Any suggestion? Do I keep lights on longer to keep growing algae so I know he has food? I don’t want to starve him
 
I don't think that fish is a good match for your new lifestyle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new