Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Broad-Banded-Shrimp-Goby-Amblyeleot.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Amblyeletris periophthalma

COMMON NAME - Broadbanded Shrimp Goby

SIZE - 3.1" (8 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 20 US Gal. (76 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Varied meaty diet of live and frozen foods for carnivores. Feed min. 2 times a day

REEF COMPATIBILITY - May be a threat to small ornamental shirmp, excellent reef fish

CAPTIVE CARE - May not feed for several days after introduced to the tank so give it a couple days to acclimate to the new surroundings and it should then start to feed, Can be kept with other shrimp gobies and may share a common burrow, as long as the aquarium is large enough more than one can be kept, males may quarrel without damage if the tank is too small, The fishes long spoted top fin is a target for tankmates that like to nip fins, keep in a peaceful community tank, a shrimp is not needed to be successful with this fish.

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fat tony i think your is a pink spotted watch man goby, i dont think it is the same fish as pictured. I have one also that i have had for 3 yrs and the previous owner had for 2 yrs. I have him paired with a tiger pistol shrimp and they are cool to watch.

Eric aaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can get one of those I've been scouring the Internet and can't find any also checked a few different LFS but to no avail any help being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any A. periophthalma available but a very close looking relative is the A. wheeleri.
The Wheeler's Goby is quite common and should be easy to find.
The coloration of the Wheeler's Goby is very similar with broad and bold striping in reds and whites with most of the body covered in spots.

Here's a pic of my pair that I currently have in my nano tank; they're awesome!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back