Fish pals for frogfish

Guynamedfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
199
Reaction score
26
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put a giant harry hermit carb be with a wart skin frog
 
If you mean a Dardanus megistos or a related species hermit crab, then I wouldn't chance it. They have been know to eat fish, and wartskin anglers aren't exactly the most capable of escaping from danger. In fact, as I understand it, if you're going to keep tankmates with an angler, you want them to be both inedible and peaceful - I've heard of tankmates essentially stressing anglers to death by picking at them, so they really need to be peaceful and nonaggressive. Giant hermit crabs are inedible for the angler, but not super peaceful. The reverse is likely also true for the angler, edible for the crab, but super peaceful.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new