OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats what i thought at 1st when i 1st offloaded all the equipment.. but it wasn't soo bad..

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Just finished reading the thread. A lot of it I don't understand, like the equipment side of it such as the check valve and spring thing. Bought mine previously owned too, thankfully! Dunno bout those guy things.
You didn't quarantine the new tang tho--hope he's ich free. And there's none in the tank. I'd freak if it were me and the ich started over again. :(
Still sorry for ur losses. I hold my breath every morning when I turn on the lights until the fish all are accounted for.

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah.. didnt quarantine because i couldnt run the tank fishless until the ich life cycle ran its course..

also the main reason for the big ich outbreak, i had was a stray 20v in my water.. which stressed the fish out soo much they couldnt fight the ich themselves..

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang wouldn't fight it. But after the fishless it really is ich free thankfully! Now for the dang diatoms. They just recently started, and the tank's not new but I did add sand. And the nitrates were 40 at their highest. It's so ugly with all that brown! These diatoms come right off the rocks though. In the nano they were stuck down. Weird.

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more flown in the bigger tank probably..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back