fish shipping in Winter

  • Thread starter Thread starter HKfshkpr1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HKfshkpr1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
184
Reaction score
72
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've wanted to order fish online for the first time but hesitated because of the cold weather. They( Livearuaria) assured me of their next day shipping/packing process which takes into consideration of the weather. Is it a safe bet to go ahead? Thanks!
 
I've wanted to order fish online for the first time but hesitated because of the cold weather. They( Livearuaria) assured me of their next day shipping/packing process which takes into consideration of the weather. Is it a safe bet to go ahead? Thanks!

Shipping is fine even in pretty cold temps, they’ll use heat packs. I’d worry about delays if there are storms or any kind of bad weather along the route so check the forecast before ordering.
 
I live in Michigan (where it gets really cold) and Liveaquaria is one of the few websites i trust to pack my order properly and have never had an issue with them in my few years of business with them.
 
Just watch for snow in the main distribution hubs. Sometimes overnights get held up that way. Other than that it's pretty safe. I still have some fish that got held up and lived through the second day. Actually that shipment had about 7 fish and was about $400+ and all lived.

They do use 40 hr heat packs like they should. The only thing that bothers me is they just toss the heat packs in wherever they fall. They used to tape them to the top of the box which is better IMO and they should go back to that method. But I never had a problem from it. Not to mention 14 day no questions asked guarantee.
 
Just watch for snow in the main distribution hubs. Sometimes overnights get held up that way. Other than that it's pretty safe. I still have some fish that got held up and lived through the second day. Actually that shipment had about 7 fish and was about $400+ and all lived.

They do use 40 hr heat packs like they should. The only thing that bothers me is they just toss the heat packs in wherever they fall. They used to tape them to the top of the box which is better IMO and they should go back to that method. But I never had a problem from it. Not to mention 14 day no questions asked guarantee.
 
Great! I appreciate your quick reply! I'll see what'll fit into my quarantine tanks. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new