Fish stocking in 29 gallon Biocube

Kaden Obrien

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2018
Messages
83
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my Biocube running for about 3 months now. I just haven’t gotten around to buying fish. I have a coral banded shrimp a heavy cuc and some coral. I’m wanting some advice on fish stocking. I have really been interested in a flame angel as I have seen them in other tanks but some people say that this size aquarium is too small and others say it should be fine. I’m also wanting to get a sand sifting goby and a firefish. And in the future when my pod population is big enough a ruby red dragonet.
 
IMO, Your tank is definitely too small for a flame.
Blennies are really interesting and have lots of personality
 
Probably too small for a flame. I know there is a like a dwarf cherub angel which is really small but still very colorful and interesting. That might work.
 
Honestly though. Your tank is a bit small. Maybe a couple designer clown fish, a goby, dragonet, and firefish would be a cool tank. Can’t really go big here.
 
In our 32 biocube we have a couple of clowns and a pearl headed jawfish. The jawfish has a lot a personality and is sized right for the tank
 
Definitely too small for a Flame Angel. I had one in a 36 gallon bowfront and it was a complete jerk and bully to all my fish (including Firefish and Diamond Watchman Goby). I wouldn't put a pygmy in there either. 3 feet long minimum for a Pygmy and 4 foot long minimum for a Dwarf (Flame) IMHO. They are very active fish with big attitudes and a small tank with small timid fish is a recipe for disaster.

Among the fish I would consider

Smaller Gobies
Blennies
Possum or Pink Streaked Wrasse
yellow head jawfish (aka Pearl Jawfish)
Cardinalfish
Ocellaris or Percula Clowns
Smaller Dartfish

I don't recommend dragonets as it's difficult to get a decent size pod population in a smaller tank like that and the feeding habits if they do adapt to frozen foods require multiple daily feedings.
 
Look at Tailspot Blennies. The little guys have Uber cool personalities.
 
Ok thanks y’all I will look into these fish
 
If you would like a little angel that worked well in my biocube, check out the little pygmy cherub.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new