fish stocking suggestions for a 180?

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my 4 foot 75 gallon reef to a 6 foot 180 gallon reef. I am looking for fish stocking suggestions to add to my existing fish and fill my tank.

Current fish:
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Flame Angel
Vroliks wrasse - will this cohabitate w/ my two shrimp? currently they are in 2 different tanks?
2 BTA's
Pair of ocellaris clowns
starry blenny
mandarin
flame back angel
flame red shrimp
cleaner shrimp
sea urchin
serpent sea star
Aptasia eating file fish
I am thinking to find a new home for my blue spotted puffer b/c I think he will eat my shrimp/sea urchin and serpent sea star. anyone have good luck with these guys in a reef?
Huge elephant ear leather coral
mushrooms
Green star polyps
Xenia (i love how it flows!)

What is the fish you love think is cool that could be added to this system.

thanks!
Neptune!!

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold spotted rabbit fish, Niger or pink tail triggers, anthias, forktail blenny are a few fun fish that you don’t have. Also fairy or flasher wrasses. I had an Aptasia eating file fish and he was awesome, cleaned my tank of all Aptasia but once the Aptasia was gone he started eating my leathers and zoas so keep an eye out for that. He didn’t do it at first either, just one day he started out of nowhere.

OP
OP
Neptune 555

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold spotted rabbit fish, Niger or pink tail triggers, anthias, forktail blenny are a few fun fish that you don’t have. Also fairy or flasher wrasses. I had an Aptasia eating file fish and he was awesome, cleaned my tank of all Aptasia but once the Aptasia was gone he started eating my leathers and zoas so keep an eye out for that. He didn’t do it at first either, just one day he started out of nowhere.

What did you do w/ your filefish? Catch him? Keep him? Did he destroy the coral?

Taylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience and it may not be common but my starry blenny that I had bit other fish and often fought with my clownfish pair. This was in a 90 gallon. The clown fish were established first. I got rid of him.

OP
OP
Neptune 555

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
t
In my experience and it may not be common but my starry blenny that I had bit other fish and often fought with my clownfish pair. This was in a 90 gallon. The clown fish were established first. I got rid of him.

Thanks... I will keep an eye out for that... I have not seen that yet and I LOVE my blenny b/c he is soooo funny! such personality. He is super fat right now my tank needed a clean out when I got him and he has done a FAB job eating all the algae and and growth on the back of the glass.

Neptune

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back