Fish suggestions with an anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter JetYeti69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JetYeti69

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 130 gallon aquarium that has been established for around 10 years without issues and I’ve been wanting to get new fish so I’ve sold all my fish except for my yellow tang

I have one issue is keeping the fish compatible with a bubble tip anemone

I was thinking a lionfish but I’m not sure if that could work with the tangs or the anemones so my question is

What fish would you recommend for me in this situation
 
Most fish will stay away from anemones if healthy. Bubble tips are pretty hardy and I have not found any of my fish to bother it. CLowns (will be hosted eventually-usually), damsels, engineer goby. rabbitfish, puffer-toby, yellow tang, kole tang, foxface, copperbanded, wrasses, anthias, cardinals, etc.

What are you wanting?
 
I'd say naturally most people combine anemones with clownfish. They aren't threatened by the anemones' sting and it's fun to watch them hosting
 
I’m really not sure I would like for the fish to be somewhat easy to care for but I am also not sure on a budget but I will probably go for a community type thing with a pair of clowns and a coral beauty and more but I’m also open to a predator fish like a lionfish

Also I am not sure if this is relevant but the aquariums rock formation is setup for an eel with lots of hiding places in the rocks
 
I have a 400 dollar budget for my fish so I was thinking what about a larger lionfish or would I have issues with the yellow tang
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new