Fish Toys?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of snails do you feed your porcupine puffer? I tried once to get mine a few however it was way too hard for my puffer to break its shell. No matter how hard he tried. My porcupine is about 5 inches too. I forget the species of snail since it's not the most common type.
Sometimes he just chews on them and spits them out.

The nassarius snails are his favorite. He blows them out if the sand. He also eats small nerite snails, hermit crabs, Florida ceriths, (usually in cerith shells).

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of snails do you feed your porcupine puffer? I tried once to get mine a few however it was way too hard for my puffer to break its shell. No matter how hard he tried. My porcupine is about 5 inches too. I forget the species of snail since it's not the most common type.
I don't get them specifically for him to eat, I just know I am eventually going to have to replace them.

Lissa1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually did some research on this a while back when I had a puffer. There were even stories about them being trainable. One thing that I found was they said anything you can do that will change their daily environment/habits such as feeding at all times, lights on different times, rearranging the tank, etc. was all very mentally stimulating for them because they had to explore and adapt to the new habits.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back