Fish with cloudy eye help.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a potters leopard in QT for about a week now, he eats pretty well and act normal but one of his eyes is really cloudy and doesn't seem to be getting better. Im not sure about leopards and meds and how he'll tolerate them. Thoughs?
Thanks

chestnud

Slice & Dice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do a freshwater dip on him? I know with other types of fish (angels) flukes will cause an eye to cloud up

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but he has been through a prazi treatment. I don't think it's flukes but if it is the prazi should help. Im leaning twords a bacterial issue from being shipped, he showed up in a pretty nasty bag of water. I'm hoping it's just something that will clear on its own but wanted to see if anyone else reccomended treatment of any kind. What do you think?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett...check out Furan-2. Its geared towards cloudy eye and many other symptoms.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used it on my female 8 line and I've used it on a bunch of other wrasses as well with no problems.

If you do it, remember that a treatment is 4 doses so make sure to buy enough. Each dose is 1 packet per 10 gal.

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett...check out Furan-2. Its geared towards cloudy eye and many other symptoms.

+1

Also make sure your feeding foods high in protein and using selcon and other vitamins. If he's eating you might want to delay medication for a few days just to make sure you get him fat before treatment. Many times they stop eating during meds, and it can kill new fish.

GL they are worth it in the end!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the info guys. I've had him for a week now and he's eating really well. The eightline has only been in there a couple days though so maybe I'll wait a couple more.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back