Fish?

LiveRock27

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
256
Reaction score
51
Location
Dallas, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the late stages of setting up a new 29g SPS tank. Just a few last minute things and I should have water in the system soon. I am looking for suggestions on what fish(s) I should put in this tank? I love clowns, but already have a really nice pair in my 14g, so I want something different for this tank. The DT will be 29g with a custom sump(15g)/refug(10g). Thanks yall.
 
I love wrasse! :D
 
There is a wide selection of gobies out there, many of them "nano-sized." My concern with a wrasse in a 29 gal is that many of these species grow to be rather large (11"+ for checkerboards) and are quite active, so require lots of room. A small, fairly calm wrasse like the six-line wrasse would be good, but many wouldn't make good additions. If you have a steady supply of copepods or will be using a sump that will bring your total volume to over 50 gallons a mandarin dragonet is a great colorful addition, and scooter blennies are a nice addition too.
 
DSC_0076.jpg


I just put this in my 12 gallon aquapod.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new