Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
CongratulationsWhat?

Thanks for asking, not good unfortunately, I have a not so fun road ahead of me. Kidneys functioning at 21%. She is sending me to a vascular surgeon to do vein mapping to find a spot for a fistula and up to University Hospital in Cleveland to a transplant nephrologist.@kevgib67 how was your Dr appointment?
Thats a good positive something I’m sure Kevin’s reading .I am so sorry @kevgib67. I'll keep you in my daily prayers. My neighbor Kerri has genetic kidney disease. It was passed from her mom. Her mom (Teresa) had a kidney transplant from a donor when she was in her 40's. Teresa died of natural causes at the age of 90. Teresa had 3 daughters: Kerri, Sinead and Patty. Kerri needed a kidney transplant 8 years ago and her donor was her sister Patty. 6 years ago Sinead need a kidney transplant and she got one from a donor. The 3 sisters are healthy and living normal lives.
![]()
How was your visit . Did you get positive news ?I am so sorry @kevgib67. I'll keep you in my daily prayers. My neighbor Kerri has genetic kidney disease. It was passed from her mom. Her mom (Teresa) had a kidney transplant from a donor when she was in her 40's. Teresa died of natural causes at the age of 90. Teresa had 3 daughters: Kerri, Sinead and Patty. Kerri needed a kidney transplant 8 years ago and her donor was her sister Patty. 6 years ago Sinead need a kidney transplant and she got one from a donor. The 3 sisters are healthy and living normal lives.
![]()
Thank you Diana I appreciate it!I am so sorry @kevgib67. I'll keep you in my daily prayers. My neighbor Kerri has genetic kidney disease. It was passed from her mom. Her mom (Teresa) had a kidney transplant from a donor when she was in her 40's. Teresa died of natural causes at the age of 90. Teresa had 3 daughters: Kerri, Sinead and Patty. Kerri needed a kidney transplant 8 years ago and her donor was her sister Patty. 6 years ago Sinead need a kidney transplant and she got one from a donor. The 3 sisters are healthy and living normal lives.
![]()
I was diagnosed with primary sclerosing choliangitis when I was 24 yo which doomed me to a liver transplant. I got my transplant in 2018. It was a a horrible 2 years on a transplant list.Transplants are more than a come thing now. People are living a longer life because of modern medicine. My brother in law went for a run with his retired police dog. After the run, David didn't feel well. Instead of calling for help, he drives himself to the hospital. He was having a heart attack. The doctors thought they were doing a single by pass but when they got in there it was a quad. When they went to start up the heart, the heart wouldn't start up again...total heart failure. They installed a LVad. David had to wear this vest that had two battery packs that powered the flow of blood in and out of his heart. The LVad acted like a "sump pump" we use in our sumps. David was like a vampire...no heart beating. This happened back in 2018. With a LVad there are things you can't do. One is never get the tubes coming out of your chest and batteries wet. So no baths or showers. During the height of Covid June 2020, David had a donor heart. He bought a RV in 2021 and has been driving all over the US.

@fishface NJ
What’s you latest tests for N03 and PO4? Also all your other parameters. Not sure adding more live rock is the answer to your problem except for decoration purposes. In my opinion if adding for decoration purposes I see no harm in adding dry rock. Cheaper and guaranteed not to introduce any critters and or unwanted crap. Are you sure your sump is working as efficiently as it can ? Just my 2 cents![]()
. Those are good numbers! So I would summarize your sump. Is in fact exporting nutrients efficiently. I’m stumped!Kh 7.5
Mg 1350
Ca 420
PO4 0.10
NO3 10
Skimmer runs 24-7 and is dark and stinky. Reactor has carbon and no GFO. 3 Filter socks don't always get changed when they should.
How do I know if the sump is working efficiently as it can?
Yes they are! And not the plastic crap that eventually breaks down and dumps impurities into your tank. A quality UV in my opinion. I didn’t buy the WiFi version as I run mine 24/7 and post a reminder as to when to change bulb. The non WiFi is cheaper all you would need to do is perform a vasectomy to your return line (I assume it’s a soft line) and hook it up as directed.Wow that Eheim is responsibly priced. About a month ago I had looked into the UVs that BRS and Premimum Aquatics sell and the units are over $550+