FishFace NJ build

I have 1 (3/4") return at the sump that feeds 2 returns to the display and each are 3/4". So are you telling me that I could have used my previous return pump from my 40B build which was a Syncra SDC 6.0 (530 - 1450 gph) on my current tank?
 
I have 1 (3/4") return at the sump that feeds 2 returns to the display and each are 3/4". So are you telling me that I could have used my previous return pump from my 40B build which was a Syncra SDC 6.0 (530 - 1450 gph) on my current tank?

Might be a little confusion over "return". I think what you're saying is that your pump is with 3/4 inch pipe that pumps up to your DT,,,,,one pipe. Coming off your DT (assuming through some overflow) are two, 3/4 inch pipes draining back into the sump. Each of those drain lines won't ever see anything close to 700 gph. I'd be surprised if they're seeing 400 gph each.

Let's do a little more discovery....

1. What pump are you using.....you could calculate head loss knowing the length of the pipes and number of elbows.

2. What overflow are you using? I know my overflow is rated at 1500 gph, and I'm not near that much. I have two, 1 1/2 inches drains coming off my overflow.

That said, if flow was too high, you could always put in a manifold from your return pump....albeit, just one valve!
 
  • The Jebao MDP-10000 DC Pump maximum flow rate of 2,641 GPH
  • Sump pump 3/4" silicon tubing that connects to hard pvc. The 3/4" PVC splits to 2 returns
  • (5) 90 degrees elbows
  • 51" horizontal and 65" vertical 3/4" pvc pipe
  • Bean Animal Modular Marine 1600 gph 1" drains



IMG_1948.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new