Fishy's Fraggy Wonderland

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
@Eagle_Steve here are the best pics of the tentacles I could get. The mouth looks like my Haddoni but the tentacles and the body structure do not.

20210320_205534.jpg
20210320_205514.jpg
20210320_205457.jpg
20210320_205426.jpg
20210320_113917.jpg

Here is my Haddoni for comparison
20210320_205557.jpg
20210320_205547.jpg
Looks like a haddoni, but the verrucae are the easiest way to ID carpets. Gigs have bluish/purple, Haddoni are clear/barely visible, Merts are red and almost form a solid line near the foot. Helianthus have yellow/orange.

from the other pics I didn’t see any verrucae on the column.

Avast
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like a haddoni, but the verrucae are the easiest way to ID carpets. Gigs have bluish/purple, Haddoni are clear/barely visible, Merts are red and almost form a solid line near the foot. Helianthus have yellow/orange.

from the other pics I didn’t see any verrucae on the column.
Correct it is pure white. And now it's completely buried so even if they are there no way to see them now... :) either way it's beautiful. Thanks for taking a 2nd look at it.

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Correct it is pure white. And now it's completely buried so even if they are there no way to see them now... :) either way it's beautiful. Thanks for taking a 2nd look at it.
Not a problem. I even looked on the pc instead of my phone. So you know I love you, as it is a rule for me that no PC outside of work lol.

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
Not a problem. I even looked on the pc instead of my phone. So you know I love you, as it is a rule for me that no PC outside of work lol.
I totally get that!

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
Well.... I love my new Citron clown goby pair... but they won't leave my acros alone. I was afraid of this. I have a place in my sump they can go... but now I need to catch them... :( @fishguy242 @LRT @MERKEY @Crabby48 Anyone have any tricks. They are eating the polyps off my acros. They need to go... :(

Top Shelf Aquatics

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well.... I love my new Citron clown goby pair... but they won't leave my acros alone. I was afraid of this. I have a place in my sump they can go... but now I need to catch them... :( @fishguy242 @LRT @MERKEY @Crabby48 Anyone have any tricks. They are eating the polyps off my acros. They need to go... :(
Have read mixed reviews on the subject from eating to just removing a small section of acro tissue to lay eggs on

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
Have read mixed reviews on the subject from eating to just removing a small section of acro tissue to lay eggs on
I have bleaching and polyps missing from all of my acros... they were blowing up with growth and now :( especially the 2 acros they call home...

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have bleaching and polyps missing from all of my acros... they were blowing up with growth and now :( especially the 2 acros they call home...
From what I have read is they can nip and will remove a piece of tissue to lay eggs which generally does no harm to colonies and that arcos grow faster with them present but if they are trying to host a frag the frag may not be able to handle them removing a portion of tissue

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
The sump or another tank sounds like a good idea until the acros get bigger you can always try again in the future
That's what I'm thinking. I just don't think my small colonies and frags can keep up. I read that they feed on the mucous of the polyps and tissue. If the colonies are big enough they can handle it...

Budmans

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Shoot catching those little buggers is going to be hard.

At night I would think would be best.

Any chance to remove enough for a little bit to get a better chance of catching?

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
Shoot catching those little buggers is going to be hard.

At night I would think would be best.

Any chance to remove enough for a little bit to get a better chance of catching?
Gosh I wish... but unfortunately no. Aqua scape is now just 2 large structures covered with 50 or so different coral... im thinking at night too... im not happy... I really like them.

sp1187

The Great Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
feed with a turkey baster. when they know food is coming from it, they will come to it. easy to net.

OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
feed with a turkey baster. when they know food is coming from it, they will come to it. easy to net.
Unfortunately I have not seen them eat any food since I got them, but they are def nibbling on my corals... I thought about that too... little monsters

Corals.com
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

Franks crew...
View Badges
Reaction score
you would know better than me, but guessing fishdude has more. :cool:
He has a few peices but thats it lol he deals in the much more popular lps... euphyllia the most.
I think he may get a couple soon. I have 2 from him. Wild acros are so much more appealing to me than most of the high end stuff. Eventually I might get a real gem to color up out of one. For me keeping a wild acro alive is such a challenge.

I'm going to use tonight to spy on the Gobies and tomorrow night to catch them...

What have you found to be the best things/methods to beat hair algae? (choose all that apply)

• Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Lawn Mower Blenny (or other fish)

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Manual Removal

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Rock Scrubbing

• Lowered Phosphates

• Tank Blackouts

Votes: 2 6.7%