FL Gulf Coast Mystery Gobies

Intricateart

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
512
Reaction score
42
Location
Port Richey, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has ever seen these in the industry before. It is hard to tell in pics, but they are beautifully colored with blue and yellow fin edges. They live in burrows, and have adapted well to tank life.
0526131200.jpg

0526131200a.jpg
 
Cute lil' guy


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 
Yup, they eat frozen food. They have been hanging near one of the entrances to the snapping shrimp burrow (mansion), I don't know if it's symbiotic or if they just like the easy burrow setup.
 
0525132053.jpg

Here is the snapping shrimp, also a local. We have a pair, and they live together and are definitely male and female, but when she had eggs we never saw any results. I could see eyes in the eggs so they were viable. I think either the mandarins ate them or they are really really slow growers. Probably the mandarins. When they snap, it sounds like the tank is breaking lol. They never kill anything though, just eat what we give them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new