Flame algae in reactor

SilverGryphon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
104
Reaction score
63
Location
Belfair, Wa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried using flame algae in an algae reactor? The sump that came with the 120g I bought doesn't have a refugium section, or really enough space to set up one in. I've been thinking about making a DIY Algae reactor using a RODI filter style canister with LED strip lights. (Modifying this particular reactor that never worked for me Mr. DUAL reactor ). I'd like to keep my flame algae going, but keeping it in the display won't work out longer term due to planned stocking. Thoughts?
 
Never even heard of flame algae. BUMP hoping someone can help you out!
Flame Algae

Halymenia Floresii, looks really nice in the display under the lights. Deep red with orange speckles. I'd love to keep it in my display but I plan on getting a tang in there, and they'll likely eat all of it.


​

 
Never even heard of flame algae. BUMP hoping someone can help you out!
Flame Algae

Halymenia Floresii, looks really nice in the display under the lights. Deep red with orange speckles. I'd love to keep it in my display but I plan on getting a tang in there, and they'll likely eat all of it.


​

Very cool. What tang? Not all eat macros
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new