Flame hawk behavior

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, I’ve had this flame hawk for about 2 months now and he was acting like a normal hawkfish swimming around and perching. The past 2 days he’s just been hiding in one spot and not moving, he is eating but breathing rather quick. im not sure if i should be concerned or not.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good morning everyone, I’ve had this flame hawk for about 2 months now and he was acting like a normal hawkfish swimming around and perching. The past 2 days he’s just been hiding in one spot and not moving, he is eating but breathing rather quick. im not sure if i should be concerned or not.
Check:
Temperature
nitrate
salinity
Any body/fin damage

Any heavy breathing, darting across tank, shaking head occasionally back and forth ?

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check:
Temperature
nitrate
salinity
Any body/fin damage

Any heavy breathing, darting across tank, shaking head occasionally back and forth ?
temp is at 77-78, nitrates are low he has a little bit of tail fin damage and some dorsal fin damage it looks like but nothing bothers him there’s only 2 clowns and a pink spot goby and they all keep to themselves. he is breathing heavily but he literally hasn’t moved at all from where he’s been at this morning.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
temp is at 77-78, nitrates are low he has a little bit of tail fin damage and some dorsal fin damage it looks like but nothing bothers him there’s only 2 clowns and a pink spot goby and they all keep to themselves. he is breathing heavily but he literally hasn’t moved at all from where he’s been at this morning.
Please post a pic or two under white lighting of fish. Clowns would be suspect if aggression but pics will help best assess.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back