flame hawkfish QT

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening all. Bought a bonded pair of flame hawks and am curious about QT from those who actually have/had flame hawkfish and did QT. How hardy are these fish regarding getting disease in the first place? Will using prazi and TTM take care of anything that could arise? Advice and input please.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening all. Bought a bonded pair of flame hawks and am curious about QT from those who actually have/had flame hawkfish and did QT. How hardy are these fish regarding getting disease in the first place? Will using prazi and TTM take care of anything that could arise? Advice and input please.

They rarely if EVER get ich. I had a ich infested tank once like riddled and also had velvet fish were dying in 2-3 days. And i never saw him get a spot ever.. He was like superman.

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a pair nearly 4 years now. They survived a fish disease catastrophe caused by a new addition (which had been quarantined prior to addition) without so much as reducing their feeding. They are extremely hardy. Of course I dont have any cleaning crew other than a couple of tuxedo urchins since no snail/crab/shrimp lasts more than a few minutes with them no matter how large it is. Very nice pets with lots of personality. Completely ignore other fish, none of which is smaller than them.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paired up my hawkfish by purchasing a larger one and a small one. It's really cool, when one swims, the other one follows :)

I agree w/other posts--these guys are very, very hardy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back