Flame Hawkish breathing...

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those that have/had a flame hawkfish, do they seem to breathe faster than most fish? Or should I be looking for something else here....

Context:

I just picked up the next round of my fish for QT: Flame Hawkfish, Purple Firefish, Diamond goby.

They have just completed first of 14 days in CP (60mg/gal). All 3 were breathing a little fast yesterday, but I'm thinking it was more from stress of transfer (45 min float, 5 min drive from LFS) . Yesterday all 3 ate. Today, hawkfish seems to still be breathing faster than the other two. Today he hasn't shown much of interest in food but he's still very active. Nothing else visible so I don't want to jump to conclusions, will continue to observe.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish.
Poor little guy is stressed out. Consider turning off the tank lights, ambient light only for a couple of days. In addition to the black out back wall, consider doing the same to the end walls. And add a few pieces of plastic aquarium plants in the tank to help it relax a bit.

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fish.
Poor little guy is stressed out. Consider turning off the tank lights, ambient light only for a couple of days. In addition to the black out back wall, consider doing the same to the end walls. And add a few pieces of plastic aquarium plants in the tank to help it relax a bit.

Alright I'll leave the lights off for tomorrow. 3 out of 4 sides are painted black and I have 2 4" PVC T's in there for them to hide (he's usually under one of them or in them).

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched your video then went and looked at my flame hawk. Breathing looks normal to mine and he has been fine sense I got him.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 101 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back