flame scallop

  • Thread starter Thread starter trails
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

trails

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had any issues in keeping flame scallops and hermit crabs together? Apparently my hermits think scallops are delicious. Is there an issue likewise with tridacna or maxima clams?
 
I dont know about the clams but I have had a flame scallop for over a year and I have emerald craps blue leg hermits and scarrlets. Havent had an issue yet. Just dont see the scallop often he likes to hide.
 
usuallty hermits are eating the scallops because they are already dead or near dead... a healthy scallop would just close it's shell before a hermit would it eat...
 
Its rare to see a scallop alive in captivity. I would put my money that it died or was dieing and the hermit was cleaning up house.
 
I agree too. I've had a flame for almost a year and the crabs couldn't get to it fast enough. My problem with them is that they loved to hide at the back of the tank in the darkest spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new