Flameback Angel in Sump Prison

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryecoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
39
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this lil guy for a few months. I knew he was going to be risky but he was doing fine, playing nice and I fed him once a day to make sure. For the past week he got more aggressive and started nipping my corals, bullying other fish. So now hes in Sump prison for a week. He eats really good in here but he will be in sump prison for another 3 weeks until I set up my FOWLR tank. Is this cruel?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398548508.167148.jpg
 
oh, he looks so sad :( I would say it's not cruel....you're moving him in a little while.
 
If I have to go through the trouble of catching them there is no return to the DT.....
 
He actually looks to me like he's smiling to me! I'd say he thinks he's won. :smile:
 
haha thats funny...*knock on the wood of my tank stand* i've had a flameback in my coral tank now for at least 4 months..he nips very lightly on a kenya tree and thats it. and that kenya tree out grows his light nipping so i'll allow it... but by god if he starts getting my more expensive corals im taking this idea and running with it.
 
oh and he's been extremely docile with the fish.. and i hvae nothing but small fish, 2 village bell damsels(which are more aggressive), a 6 line, 2 clowns, and the fireback
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new