Flat or hilly sand beds

  • Thread starter Thread starter basile
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

basile

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
723
Reaction score
87
Location
Gatineau/Ottawa canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i just put my sand in my tank and i hate it its flat as aparking lot. before i had small tanks but now with a 6 ' tank it make a difference and i find that the even bottom looks, well flat. Is it possible to make hills without making a DSB by accident and the trouble it brings, thats my concerns. It like to make some kind of different levels without the problem of the DSB , anyone tried that. Thanks for your input.




Photo147.jpg





Photo148.jpg



Photo149.jpg



Photo150.jpg



Photo151.jpg



Photo152.jpg



Photo153.jpg



This is in my display refigium where i'm trying to do a wavy thing but not sure with the DSB, what do you think?


Photo144.jpg



Photo145.jpg
 
Between water flow and CUC and fish you'll probably end up with that flat parking lot before too long. It's constantly getting moved around by everything in the tank.
 
Get yourself a diamond watchman goby, he will redecorate your sand bed and give you mounts of sand all over.
 
I did a diamond watchman for about 2 mths...got tired of the dust storms and everything covered in sediment.
 
I did a diamond watchman for about 2 mths...got tired of the dust storms and everything covered in sediment.

I love mine, he is super fun to watch and has one heck of a personality. I think the key to avoid dust storms is the substrate. I think any kinda sand that is bigger than sugar grain should be fine.
 
+1 on the diamond watchman goby.

Also.... display refugium?! That is awesome looking!
 
The entire aquascape is nuts for both! I really like the back walls. Do you have a thread or documentation of it?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new