Flatworm Dip

  • Thread starter Thread starter colinadam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

colinadam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
190
Reaction score
63
Location
Antioch, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a new tank that is cycling that will replace my 3 y/o nanocube.

My nano has flatworms. Not the acro eating kind just the little fella's. Never really worried about them because they don't multiply in my tank, I only see them when I dip outgoing corals.

My question is I want my new tank to be as pest free as possible so the corals I transfer over will be dipped.

I have Lugols, Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure and Salifert Flatworm Exit.

I have heard of people using the Flatworm exit in a dip but don't know how much. Also wondering if it is used along with one of the other treatments (Lugols or Tropic Marin).

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
I do a dip on all my new corals with 1gal of salt water with 3-4 drops of Flatworm Exit and 1/4 of a package of Furan2 for 10-15mins. I then dip the corals in a Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure/Salt water dip for 5-10mins. Than I just rinse the corals off in saltwater before putting them in the tank. I do a 10% water change the day before I am going to introduce any new corals (when I can plan it) and I use this water for my dips. I don't try to syphon anything out of the tank during this water change, I just take the water from the top of the tank, Hope that helps.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new