flatworms

  • Thread starter Thread starter ironman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I had FW's and added a sixline wrasse and it solved my problem. I would see one or two every now and then, but no problems. I can not believe someone actually adds them to there tank.
 
This explains a lot... I bought a bag of macro algae for a friend at the swap and he has been battling flatworms for the last month. He has preformed 2-3 flatworm exit treatments and bought a six line and mandarins to combat these. Thats some dang expensive macro algae...
 
im becoming more and more happy that i didnt get a bag of it at the swap because the last thing i need is another issue to deal with. my to do list is getting long already and im in dreadful need of some maintnece and a water change not to mention that i still need to raise my stand
 
It really bugs me that someone would come to a swap to sell caulerpa with flatworms. They would have to be very ignorant to not know they had flatworms.
 
I bought some of the caulerpa, but not the grape. I don't think that I have flatworms, but I sure have a bunch of spots on my overflow glass. You all will have to look and tell me if I do. And I really had all the spots before I put the caulerpa in anyway.....
Susan
 
yeah that was bad on there part and if i rember correctly i know witch guys it were and IMO looked alot less experienced compared to everyone there. am i correct that it was the guys beside harry's spot to the right in the corner if you were looking at there stuff? and this realy makes me question a few things did they do this on purpos because from the way every one is talking you would have to be blind not to notice these things i know that when something new pops its head in my tank i know it within a day. and if they knew this befor hand a warning would have been great i know most wouldnt have purchased but still just commin curtiousy IMO
 
I got mine from a lady, but I think she was either with them or next to them
 
I had them once and got rid of them with Flatworm Exit. I used a double dose the first time and thought it got them but I saw a few a couple of months later. I used a triple dose that time and haven't seen one since. That's was December 05.

If you have a lot of them be careful with Flatworm Exit. They release a toxin when they die and in large numbers some people have killed fish (and maybe coral - I can't remember). Might be good to run carbon after treatment. They recommend trying to siphon as many as possible before treatment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new