Fleece Roller for 36" tideline sump Waterbox 180

ratzy82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas for a fleece roller for my 36" sump. Space is super tight. Total water volume is probably somewhere around 100-120 gallons (after subtracting rock/sand)
Note: I am willing to cut out the 2 7" filter sock holders.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share some pictures of your sump mate? :upside-down-face:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the one you have, then I reckon the roller mats from either Reef Factory (smart!) or Clarisea (solid!) will be your best options.

If you could share any measurements as well, then maybe people will be able to help you out :)

1701682538044.png

OP
OP
R

ratzy82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the one you have, then I reckon the roller mats from either Reef Factory (smart!) or Clarisea (solid!) will be your best options.

If you could share any measurements as well, then maybe people will be able to help you out :)

1701682538044.png
Sorry, yes this is my sump. The overflow chamber is about 7.5' in wide. It's pretty small for any type of roller except for what I already have. Klir Di-7. My concern is that 1 di-7 isn't enough filtration when I plug up the 2nd sock holder. I think I'm gonna have to modify it no matter what. The sock holder his also built in, so I would have to cut it out. Not sure why they just didn't make it an option to remove it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, yes this is my sump. The overflow chamber is about 7.5' in wide. It's pretty small for any type of roller except for what I already have. Klir Di-7. My concern is that 1 di-7 isn't enough filtration when I plug up the 2nd sock holder. I think I'm gonna have to modify it no matter what. The sock holder his also built in, so I would have to cut it out. Not sure why they just didn't make it an option to remove it.
Changes are that the Reef Factory Smart Roller M will fit! You havent given a full set of dimensions though so have a look at below! :)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions and weight of the device:

width 37,5 cm / 15 inch

height 48 cm / 19 inch

depth 12 cm / 4.6 inch

weight 3,12 kg

OP
OP
R

ratzy82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changes are that the Reef Factory Smart Roller M will fit! You havent given a full set of dimensions though so have a look at below! :)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions and weight of the device:

width 37,5 cm / 15 inch

height 48 cm / 19 inch

depth 12 cm / 4.6 inch

weight 3,12 kg
Thanks, yes sorry the width seems to be the big issue for fitting a roller. But you are right I think the M smart roller would fit if I cut out the filter socks. Looks like its 10" L x 5" W x 21.5" H. Seems like a newer product. I don't see any reviews on brs.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes sorry the width seems to be the big issue for fitting a roller. But you are right I think the M smart roller would fit if I cut out the filter socks. Looks like its 10" L x 5" W x 21.5" H. Seems like a newer product. I don't see any reviews on brs.
Don't worry about what BRS thinks, they are not 'gods of reef keeping' although they sometime think they are! :p Reef Factory is new to the US market, we've had them in Europe for a while and they make great products. Their app is far the best in the business.

Plenty of videos on these online on YouTube. Parkers Reef has a good one; so does Reef Dork.

OP
OP
R

ratzy82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about what BRS thinks, they are not 'gods of reef keeping' although they sometime think they are! :p Reef Factory is new to the US market, we've had them in Europe for a while and they make great products. Their app is far the best in the business.

Plenty of videos on these online on YouTube. Parkers Reef has a good one; so does Reef Dork.
Ha Ha, watching the reef dork review now. :) And I don't think BRS are the gate keepers, just trying to find some reviews. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%

Back