Fleece Roller Mat

Sorry if I hijacked your post. I’m new and was over zealous to chime in. I am running the AF-RS170 but can never get replacement filters. It also takes a filter roller that’s 3.2 as opposed to 4 inches wide for the ClariSea. Seems like a lot more surface area to remove debris. I also only need 450 GPH on the return. I wonder if the Clarissa would fit in a RedSea reefer 170 sump. Does the Clarissa work well for you? Is it easy to change the rollers?
The Clarisea's have been perfect for me. My rolls last about 6 weeks and are super easy to replace. My Synergy sump was built to accept two of them, but I think they are made to adapt to most sumps. You can hang them as well. Good luck.
 
Your running 2 Clariseas. How big is your tank? I am only running 1 AF-1. for my 240 gallon (and another 100 or so for the sump). So total volumn I have at roughly 300 gallons.
How often do you have to change the fleece?
 
I change my fleece about once every 45 days. I did make a holder Just pvc with acrylic to hold fiji cube replacement fleece. So I am not stuck with just Aquamaxx (which is sometimes hard to get).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new