Flipper Platinum Scraper Review

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using credit cards to scrape coralline algae off acrylic tanks for years. The amount of leverage needed to reach back corners can really cramp your hands. I've thought about trying to fabricate some type of holder to help assist with this arduous task for a long time. I was very excited to discover the new Flipper offering, so I purchased the 18" model. Initially, I was worried that the main shaft would flex and not be rigid enough to allow the credit card to be effective on the coralline. However, I was delightfully surprised to find that it was indeed rigid and this device worked great! Granted, you still have to "want it" as we all know how hard coralline can be to remove from acrylic. My previously aching hands were very happy with this purchase. I'll be adding a 10" version soon to get into some corners a bit easier. Note that the orange handle can be removed and the shaft can be cut to a custom length. Hope this helps with anyone pestered by too much coralline on their acrylic tanks!

Flipper Platinum Scraper

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used acrylic tank that came with a flipper. Couldn't agree more with you! I probably will quit collecting hotel keys and happily purchase flipper blades in the future!

credit card debt GIF

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back