Floating Light Canopy Source?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plans in the works for a DIY floating canopy for my 72" 125g...

I haven't found a single vendor in my searches over the weekend for Kits or Prebuilt ones...

If possible, for the right price, I wouldn't mind avoiding the hassle of building it if there is a vendor out there that sells/carries/stocks/builds these "floating canopies" (Suspended from the ceiling)

Anyone have any directions to point me towards or vendors that you can vouch for making quality products custom or anything at all?

I would be open to one that would mount to my stand as well...

TIA
-Rich

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pictures of what you are looking for? Do you want wood metal or a powered up/down solution. Many ways to do it. What type of lighting are you currently planning on using?

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
125setup8wks.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want low lighting in the middle to create the effect of a shadow overhang in a reef. SPS dominant under the hydras at either end, and the Strip will provide ample light for softies/LPS in the middle.

I would prefer an enclosed fixture made from wood and marine-gradepainted to match, but am open to aluminum as long as it has been marine-proofed/painted.

Ideally I want it to hang, floating, but if it makes more sense to fabricate a support system from the steel frame and have it extend/arch up from the back and grab onto it that way I could live with it.

The strip gives me 160-180 par 6 inches from the bottom, plenty to keep softies/lps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back