Floor lamp stand ideas for the Noopsyche K7 Pro III?

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This light with arm brackett is much too heavy to be clamped onto the back of my 7g tank. I want to hang it on some floor lamp that I can put behind the tank. Has anyone done this with the noopsyche for cheap? Preferably with amazon purchases? And what did you use?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No personal experience, but search:

"Reptile Lamp Stand, Heat Lamp Stand Adjustable, 16-77 Inch Tall Reptile Lamp Light Holder, Plant Grow Light Floor Stand, Metal Bracket, Adhesive Base, 360 °Swing Arm, Easy to Assemble"

on Amazon

Is your tank close enough to a wall that you can screw the original light bracket directly to the wall?

OP
OP
N

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No personal experience, but search:

"Reptile Lamp Stand, Heat Lamp Stand Adjustable, 16-77 Inch Tall Reptile Lamp Light Holder, Plant Grow Light Floor Stand, Metal Bracket, Adhesive Base, 360 °Swing Arm, Easy to Assemble"

on Amazon

Is your tank close enough to a wall that you can screw the original light bracket directly to the wall?
It’s close to the wall, but I don’t trust the strength of the dry wall that the light won’t fall onto the tank. I like the reptile stand or something like a plant hanger but then how to prevent it from dangling and turning?

OP
OP
N

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thinking of some kind of standing board on a base behind the table that I can clamp the brackett too. But I don’t have any tools to make it, but I also don’t how how would sell it or what could I use. This is my setup.
IMG_7893.jpg

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to run a bracket from the wall, either locate a stud or look into toggle bolts. I used toggles to hang a Viparspectra from my wall and didn't worry about it at all, Vipars are heavy too.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back