Florida Panhandle---Introduction

  • Thread starter Thread starter scootman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scootman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Pensacola, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a Floridian, but I'm among the few that live up in the Northwest panhandle (Pensacola). I recently found this site and wanted to make my introduction here.

My hobby experience is like this....I had several SW tanks set up during my college days. My girlfiend one day became my wife and all my makeshift aquariums vanished. 11 years of whining and begging finally resulted in 75 gallons of happiness. Two years later, I'm still loving my tank and I've grown considerably within the hobby. Several of us got together recently and formed a reef club. It's been a great experience so far and I'm now studying for my next challenge....breeding fish. Wish me luck.

Scoots
 
Welcome to R2R!! If I may ask, how dd you find us?
 
Welcome to R2R!! If I may ask, how dd you find us?

Believe it or not, but I was reading about the 2009 Breeders Challenge on MOFIB: http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3849. Like I said above, I'm trying to enter the breeding game so I frequent their site. One of the posts listed this site on a list of U.S. based forums. I was familiar with most of them, so I thought I'd check out this one. Glad I did.

Scoots
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new