Florida's forgotten coast

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2014
Messages
22,423
Reaction score
31,577
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is supposed to be the part of the Fla panhandle from Mexico Beach to St. Marks on Apalachee Bay. Anyone ever been there? If so, how did you like it?

We are slowly making our way towards Destin, FL and were wondering if this area might be worth a visit. It's supposed to be undeveloped with raw beauty, as opposed to Destin's "Hey look stuff everywhere". :p
 
I've drove through there a few times, lots of wetlands.

Are the beaches/water nice? Or should we just head to Destin - Ft. Walton - Navarre. I think we need a week to just relax someplace.
 
I haven't been that way to go to the beach, Remember I live north of Destin and the surrounding area so if I went to the beach it was there.

Personally for family relax i would stay somewhere along South Walton, (between Panama City and Destin) or Navarre beach
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new