Flow help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aerwen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aerwen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40b with a tenecore aio kit. I set it up peninsula style so the return is on the right side of the tank instead of the middle.

I'm using a Sicce 2.0 for return, but also have 2 wavemakers for random flow. I picked this return for the 10x turnover but as I get more coral in my tank, specifically my new alveopora, I'm starting to notice less waving and more solid sideways movement along the sandbed. I turned down the pump to about 3/4 in hopes this would help, but it hasn't. My wavemakers are set to their lowest setting (about 160 gph).

Should I turn down my return pump even more? My main concern is if I turn it down too much, I won't have the needed filtration for the tank.
 
Can you post a photo that shows exactly how you have your wavemakers pointed? :)
 
What setting is your pump on? What type of wave makers?

My 40b has a sicce 6 pump for return set at 35%, plus 2 gyres at 50% , my goni’s love the flow.

Maybe you need more flow not less…..
 
Can you post a photo that shows exactly how you have your wavemakers pointed? :)
Absolutely. Please ignore the dead acro and recovering duncan, they didn't ship well.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 51
Absolutely. Please ignore the dead acro and recovering duncan, they didn't ship well.
The rear one is below the return outlet to make sure I have flow behind the rocks
 
What setting is your pump on? What type of wave makers?

My 40b has a sicce 6 pump for return set at 35%, plus 2 gyres at 50% , my goni’s love the flow.

Maybe you need more flow not less…..
The powerheads are jebao sow-4 set up in master/slave at the lowest setting with the sine wave function going at about half speed
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new