Flow help!

TomatoSauceTy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2015
Messages
227
Reaction score
143
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in need of help for the flow in my tank which is 24x24x20. I first started off with two jebao rw-4 on the back wall of each side at the bottom angled up a little and that was great with the return pump breaking the surface.

As I added more corals I needed to move my meat corals more towards the front, but even the one in the middle back is getting blasted! One of the jebao's broke, so I was only using one and now I even have that one off because of the flow.

I'm just getting way to much blow back from the flow hitting the front glass and this is happening with just the return pump which have the output flat on the surface breaking it, yet my sand corals are being effected by the blow back. No sand is being moved, it's just the flow against my meat corals.


Any one else run in to this problem, I thought I would ask before experimenting.

DSCF7234.JPG
DSCF7237.JPG
DSCF7238.JPG
DSCF7239.JPG
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new