Flow in 60 cube

mann1139

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2019
Messages
569
Reaction score
196
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey cubists - How do you have the flow setup on your cube?

I just setup a 60 as FOWLR. with a corner overflow and return, and a pile of rocks in the middle. I have the return pointing slightly down and across the back of the tank.

I also have a powerhead on the front of the tank pointing towards the overflow. I pointed it that way in order remove some cyano that formed right in front of the overflow on the sand.

What have you guys found produces adequate flow in a tank this deep?
 
I started with two gyres on my 93 cube. I feel the gyre is the perfect pump for a cube. The linear flow is best.
 
I've got a 60g cube w/ corner overflow as well. For flow I'm using 2 MP10's mounted at almost the same height on opposite sides(left/right). Not sure if it's the best positioning possible, but it seems to work well and my corals/fish are happy.

Here's my schedule

1588090523523.png
 
I've got a 60g cube w/ corner overflow as well. For flow I'm using 2 MP10's mounted at almost the same height on opposite sides(left/right). Not sure if it's the best positioning possible, but it seems to work well and my corals/fish are happy.

In the front or back of the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new