Flow in a 36 gallon bow front reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter totion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

totion

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
943
Reaction score
37
Location
Beckley, WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gallon tank, I'm going to be housing mainly SPS in it. I have a mag 7 return with close to 5 ft of head and a jebao rw4. The rw4 isn't kicking up enough detritus so I want to add another powerhead.

In your opinion, should I get another rw4 or add an rw8?

Also,suggestions on placement?

Return is top left. Don't mind the mag 3, I was stirring up detritus and catching it with a filter sock.

IMG_20151018_041121.jpg
 
Bump. I'm leaning towards an rw8 since I can always set it to less flow if needed...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new