flow in a large frag setup

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building two 96x36x11 frag tanks end to end. I realize that individually they are not over 180 but the footprint being large enough, I think, to ask this question.

Within reasonable cost, what are you all using on tanks with this size footprints for flow? I had seriously considered a closed loop on each and a gyre or two for supplemental flow.

I wish I could afford Panta Rhei power heads but, alas, the budget for the store does not allow it at this time.

Thoughts?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building two 96x36x11 frag tanks end to end. I realize that individually they are not over 180 but the footprint being large enough, I think, to ask this question.

Within reasonable cost, what are you all using on tanks with this size footprints for flow? I had seriously considered a closed loop on each and a gyre or two for supplemental flow.

I wish I could afford Panta Rhei power heads but, alas, the budget for the store does not allow it at this time.

Thoughts?

I think the best and certainly most cost effective method of flow in these large frag systems is a closed loop. I'll dig around but there are a few large frag setups that implement the closed loop systems and they are rather happy with them.

I mean I have no personal experience with frag tanks that huge but it seems like the logical solution...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back