Flow, Light, Calcium????

Eaglepenguinz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I've had my reef tank for about 7-months now. It's 37 gallons and I've not had too good of luck with corals. None have died, but my soft leather coral thing that I bought from the LFS used to e huge and now it just sits there shriveled like its angry. It opens up sometimes throughout the day but not like it used to do. It has quite literally gone to 1/3 of its original size. What could be causing this? Is it the powerhead pointing right at it? I have no clue.

Anyway, I got some Green Star Polyps a while back also and they haven't opened much since I got them... The water quality is always fine and super clean but they do not want to open! I have no clue what to do but I am really starting to not like the whole saltwater thing...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have two 22" T-5 lights. One is blue and the other is white. They stay on from Noon-21:00 or 9 PM. There is one generic powerhead with a continuous flow 24/7 and a generic topfin HOB because the water quality like I said, is fine. I will get an AquaClear soon, though.

C'mon guys, I really need help...

IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1566.jpg IMG_9059.jpg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Sometimes, you have to play around with certain corals in your tank. Some may thrive where they are, where others, like in your case, may not look so healthy.
Try adding more flow and light to your corals by moving them closer to the top of your tank and closer to a powerhead, though not in a strong laminar flow.
See how that works. If after a week or two, you find no improvement, try a different location.
its kind of like putting a puzzle together where you need to find the right place for the coral to be happy...
good luck

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back