Flow restrictions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuel1976
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Question. I use a check valve so that when my return pump shuts down for feeding or maintenance, upon starting back up I don't get a lot of air being blown into the display tank. Didn't think that was good? Even without the check valve my sump can handle the flow back. But then I get tons of little bubbles upon start up. Are the bubbles ok?
 
The bubbles won't hurt anything.

The check valve is also a pretty decent restriction too. More motivation to get rid of it. :P
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new