flowepot corals

YoCamron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all, i have had a flower pot goniopora coral for a few weeks now and it isn't doing so hot anymore... it was doing well the first week but it is progressively getting worse. it seems to be losing color and sort of rotting away. i bought a random 5 frag pack and unexpectedly got this pain in the butt. i have read up on it and have learned it's a mystery as to why some do well and some don't, so i just wanted to hear your opinions

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had luck with these corals. Don't know why. Sorry, I guess that doesn't help much.

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody has. Might be the hardest coral to keep in my opinion. I had one for a year and a month and don't think I'll ever beat that. Seeing how I just bought two frags in the live sale last week lol

OP
OP
YoCamron

YoCamron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody has. Might be the hardest coral to keep in my opinion. I had one for a year and a month and don't think I'll ever beat that. Seeing how I just bought two frags in the live sale last week lol
it's like xenias, they either die quickly or they grow massive and live for a long time

OP
OP
YoCamron

YoCamron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had luck with these corals. Don't know why. Sorry, I guess that doesn't help much.
very strange coral, there's no certain reason on why these are so difficult. than from tidal gardens says he believes it's the species, as he hasn't had any luck with the Indonesian species, but the aussie species thrive

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%

Back