Flower pest coral?

AlisaMarie16

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2024
Messages
49
Reaction score
14
Location
Martinez, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What in the world is this and can I even get rid of it at this point? This is some sort of flower shaped invasive coral or maybe filter feeder? It was in a small coral frag that I got when I first got into the hobby. I DID dip that frag. It didn’t kill the flower thing. I was new to the hobby and I thought “bonus coral yay”! Fast forward two years and it’s choking out all my corals and covering all the rock work. I don’t know what it is or if I can do anything to remove it. Any suggestions? 😅





IMG_6651.jpeg
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6650.jpeg
 
Last edited:
What in the world is this and can I even get rid of it at this point? This is some sort of flower shaped invasive coral or maybe filter feeder? It was in a small coral frag that I got when I first got into the hobby. I DID dip that frag. It didn’t kill the flower thing. I was new to the hobby and I thought “bonus coral yay”! Fast forward two years and it’s choking out all my corals and covering all the rock work. I don’t know what it is or if I can do anything to remove it. Any suggestions? 😅
photo?
 
We need a picture but your discription sounds a bit like colonial hydroids
 
Google clove polyps. See if there are any that look like yours. Looks like it to me. Very invasive species
 
Id say daisy polyps pinkish color.... similar looking to green star except color.
 
Last edited:
I had to completely change out my rocks once because of clove polyps, they are a major pest.
 
Daisy polyps! They do spread but I like them personally.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new