Fluconazole questions

Fz1ben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I've recently been doing some research on dosing fluconazole to deal with bryopsis algae. I went a head and ordered the capsules but was hoping for some advice before taking the plunge.

The capsules are 150mg of fluconazole but it also lists lactose monohydrate as an ingredient. Are these safe to dose?

I look forward to ant replies

Cheers

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no problem dosing Fluconazole. Just finished a two week treatment. It works great it takes a full two weeks and it worked great. Just get use to the bubbles. Remove or turn off your skimmer. Because the med’s make the take extra bubbly. [emoji3]

OP
OP
F

Fz1ben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes I was planning on removing carbon and skimmer during the treatment. I pretty happy with the idea of the fluconazole being safe I was just worried about the lactose monohydrate. I'm guessing it's some type of binder or even the capsule it's self.

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes I was planning on removing carbon and skimmer during the treatment. I pretty happy with the idea of the fluconazole being safe I was just worried about the lactose monohydrate. I'm guessing it's some type of binder or even the capsule it's self.
It could very well be the capsule that contains the lactose. When dosing you would cut the end off the capsule anyway and empty the powder out for use.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back