Fluconazole Treatment

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I need to treat my system with fluconazole for bryopsis and some hair algae. I have the Flux Rx med 2000mg that treats 100 gallons. My tank is 120gal. and sump is 46gal, the sump level runs about 20-25gal. the system is probably 130+ or so total gallons, when you subtract for rock and other equipment.
The directions are very vague on how much to dose at once, or split it up into several doses, so just mix it up with some tank water and then add it to a high flow area?
Thank you

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't comment on the Flux Rx specifically, but when it comes to dosing Fluconazole/Diflucan, I thoroughly mix with tank and dispense the entire dose at once (20mg/gallon). Make sure to follow the rest of the directions concerning carbon, skimmer, etc.

OP
OP
dvybiral

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't comment on the Flux Rx specifically, but when it comes to dosing Fluconazole/Diflucan, I thoroughly mix with tank and dispense the entire dose at once (20mg/gallon). Make sure to follow the rest of the directions concerning carbon, skimmer, etc.
Thanks a lot, the box that the fluconazole came in says the entire bottle of powder is 2000mg which treats 100 gallons, so I went for it and mixed it all and then added it to a high flow area of tank. I turned everything off except my filter socks. Hoping it works

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes :)

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose the total amount and prefer to overdose a bit for quicker and more total action. I mix with some tank water to dissolve as much as I can then dose in high flow area. I keep skimmer off for 3-5ndays or longer if tank isn't overstocked. remove carbon as well.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once triple dosed my system years ago with this stuff to try and kill turf algae. My coral were fine with the 3x dose.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did fine, I just did the Reef Flux treatment in my 120. I turned off the carbon filter and everything was fine. Best of all... IT WORKED!

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked great in my tank. I had a bad bryopsis problem. Here is a link if you want to check out my log of the progress. Just follow the directions on the bottle. Dose the target amount. My other advice would be to watch you ALK during the first couple days. I was seeing steady rise (documented in the log).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back