Fluidized Sand Bed help please

wickedtuna

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There.

I have a fluidized sand bed that initially was highly fluidized but it has slowly lost fluidization. I'm wondering if biofilm accumulation is the culprit? If it is the reason for no fluidization, how can i clean my system without starting fresh? I don't want to rinse my sand .
 
Hi There.

I have a fluidized sand bed that initially was highly fluidized but it has slowly lost fluidization. I'm wondering if biofilm accumulation is the culprit? If it is the reason for no fluidization, how can i clean my system without starting fresh? I don't want to rinse my sand .
Is this on a FOLR tank? What kind of bioload is this needed for? I think you'd be better served with live rock and ditching the fluidized sand filter. Do you have some pictures of the setup?
 
Upvote 0
try turning up the flow and cleaning the pump. The sand should become more buoyant as biofilm grow.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new