fluval 13.5 "base/pedestal" Can it be moved forward?

SaltyandSpicy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

For those that have this tank, do you think the black bottom "base" can be shifted forward so its even? I have a really nice stand, but because of the way the base sits, the tank sits uneven on the stand. If I were to shift the base forward it would allow me to shift the tank to being even on the stand. It looks like it's held on by some type of glue so removing and reinstalling it should be fairly simple, but do you think it would be safe still since its not as designed? Appreciate your thoughts.Thanks so much!
 
Define 'forward'.
Hi, thanks for the reply. By forward I mean centered. I've attached a picture where you can see the base is centered width wise,but all the way back length wise. I would want to move it right (in the picture), which would make it centered length wise and width wise. I honestly thought it would be that way stock.
13.5.jpeg
 
Not knowing how it is adhered to the bottom, i would be worried that readhering it would create a pressure point.
 
Not knowing how it is adhered to the bottom, i would be worried that readhering it would create a pressure point.
Hi all,

For those that have this tank, do you think the black bottom "base" can be shifted forward so it’s even? I have a really nice stand, but because of the way the base sits, the tank sits uneven on the stand. If I were to shift the base forward it would allow me to shift the tank to being even on the stand. It looks like it's held on by some type of glue so removing and reinstalling it should be fairly simple, but do you think it would be safe still since it’s not as designed? Appreciate your thoughts.Thanks so much!
Absolutely agree with @mann1139 it’s as designed, Fluval will have done all their testing with it in that position. You maybe fine or you may not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new