Fluval 13.5 sitting around what would you do with it?

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo I lent out to a friend and I just got it back. Id like to do something out of the norm with it possibly a tank filled with local species or a macro tank but I thought I'd ask yall what would YOU do with it?

OP
OP
N.Sreefer

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro tank with dwarf seahorses if you've got the time! They are the best decision I have ever made.
I love that idea! Sourcing the seahorses may be an issue in canada, Ill ask my LFS if they can order them next time I'm in there. They do all kinds of special orders for joey (king of diy) so mabey with some prodding they'll order some lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate aquarium with Eelgrass meadow and an army of Stippled clingfish (Gobiesox punctulatus) or Skilletfish (Gobiesox strumosus).
Check Gulf of Maine and Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory for live coldwater substrate (for Eelgrass), Eelgrass, and the 2nd clingfish. Stippled clingfish are sometimes sold on Diver's Den (as Caribbean black clingfish and misidentified as Arcos rubiginosus).

Upvote 0

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate aquarium with Eelgrass meadow and an army of Stippled clingfish (Gobiesox punctulatus) or Skilletfish (Gobiesox strumosus).
Check Gulf of Maine and Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory for live coldwater substrate (for Eelgrass), Eelgrass, and the 2nd clingfish. Stippled clingfish are sometimes sold on Diver's Den (as Caribbean black clingfish and misidentified as Arcos rubiginosus).
We can't get those species easily in Canada.

I'm doing a subtropical build in my Evo: I've got a catalina goby, a chalk bass, and I'm hoping that ORA will ship more pygmy white-spotted filefish up here. Temps are a steady 21-22C, and I may try some softies as those lower temps.

There is a supplier of temperate marine species in Victoria. They charge a mint for collection and shipping, though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N.Sreefer

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eelgrass would be interesting I have flats all around my place and I'm allowed to harvest eelgrass, bladderwrack, sea lettuce, and kelp. Like davidcalgary29 said I don't think I could source the clingfish but I like the eelgrass biotope idea. I attached a pic with some native species. Alot are pretty drab coloured.

Attachments

• 20210826_140520.jpg
    20210826_140520.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210826_140516.jpg
    20210826_140516.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo I lent out to a friend and I just got it back. Id like to do something out of the norm with it possibly a tank filled with local species or a macro tank but I thought I'd ask yall what would YOU do with it?

Peacock mantis

Upvote 0

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro tank with dwarf seahorses if you've got the time! They are the best decision I have ever made.
Wait really? you have have seahorses in a tank that small? Thought they needed a tall tank? Plus honestly bigger. 13.5 Fluval Evo is not big and its definitely not tall.

Upvote 0

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait really? you have have seahorses in a tank that small? Thought they needed a tall tank? Plus honestly bigger. 13.5 Fluval Evo is not big and its definitely not tall.
DWARF seahorses. You are absolutely correct about probably every other species. Mine are in a 10 gallon and I have a herd of 9 (who just had ~5 babies). The tank looks empty and I have to feed 3x daily to keep the bbs concentration high enough.

20210908_094052.jpg

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back