0   0   0
I recently picked up a 13.5 fluval AIO - Looking at this stock list

Currently have
-Naked Clown (in a different pico tank)

Wanting to add
- Royal Gramma (maybe)
- Shrimp Goby (not sure which) & Pistol Shrimp
- Small Hawkfish (maybe)

Any changes or suggestions to this list?

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to @Spare time royal grammas need good hiding space. They will be fine for a while if you get one small, but when they grow they will want more space to hide and explore. You could pair another clown and a pistol shrimp and watchman goby make for a great contrast in a small tank

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put 4 fish in a 13 gallon, I don't feel its enough space. The list looks good without the hawkfish, or as mentioned above, a pair of clowns and a shrimp goby.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put 4 fish in a 13 gallon, I don't feel its enough space. The list looks good without the hawkfish, or as mentioned above, a pair of clowns and a shrimp goby.
Correct. We have a 13.5 Evo also, 1 black Ice Clown, 1 Neon Goby and 1 Firefish.

Always stay away from Hawks of any kind, because they eat your CUCs especially shrimp.

3 fish is your max, plus CUCs...snails and a shrimp of some kind.

Then build your coral garden.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And whatever you do, do not put a tang in there. I don’t know why, but I feel like I have to say THAT!
YOU DO NOT WANT THE R2R TANG POLICE RAIDING YOUR HOME!@

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15g and have thought about stocking quite a bit. I also used to have a 35g and learned a few things on fish stocking from that too. My 2 cents:

- Clown fish pairs are a bit of a wild card. They could be totally fine with other fish or one day they may become very hostile against them.

- I would stay away from hawk fish -any/all of them can get aggressive. They are also super hard to get out of a tank (may be easier in a 13.5g to take out though)

- I'm not sure about a royal gramma in that size, but it could be ok depending on your rock work

- I'd look into a pink streaked wrasse :)

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15g and have thought about stocking quite a bit. I also used to have a 35g and learned a few things on fish stocking from that too. My 2 cents:

- Clown fish pairs are a bit of a wild card. They could be totally fine with other fish or one day they may become very hostile against them.

- I would stay away from hawk fish -any/all of them can get aggressive. They are also super hard to get out of a tank (may be easier in a 13.5g to take out though)

- I'm not sure about a royal gramma in that size, but it could be ok depending on your rock work

- I'd look into a pink streaked wrasse :)
I'll probably give the wrasse a go. I've got a pair of clowns in my 75 and they're butt heads from time to time. Probably just sticking with my 1 for now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back